With increasing numbers working from home following the government’s social distancing advice, more businesses are using online tools such as Microsoft Teams to schedule meetings between staff.
Stockport based Amshire IT has provided a short how-to to help businesses make the most of their Office 365 subscription and stay productive while working from home.
Scheduling a Teams meeting
- Open Teams and go to Calendar.
2. Click on New Meeting
3. Complete the required fields including adding in the email addresses for the contacts you wish to invite, and click save.
4. You will then see the meeting request in the Calendar.
5. Clicking on the meeting in the calendar, you can see who has accepted the meeting. You also have the link “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” to access the meeting when it’s time.
Inside the meeting
- Once you are about the join the meeting, you can switch on video camera and microphone. You can also turn on background “blur.” To do this, toggle the switch in the red box. It is possible to do this during the meeting if you forget.
2. As you can see, once “blur” is enabled it does not completely remove the background so make sure there isn’t anything you don’t want visible when on video meetings.