John Lewis Cheadle is part of the John Lewis Partnership, located off the A34 near Manchester Airport. Founded in 1864 by John Spedan Lewis, the John Lewis Partnership is the UK’s largest example of an employee-owned business where all 85,500 staff are Partners in the business.
The Partnership exists today because of the extraordinary vision and ideals of its founder, John Spedan Lewis. He believed that when employees shared knowledge, power and profit, a better form of business was the result.
Today the John Lewis Partnership is a thriving, modern and innovative business that owes much of its success to Spedan’s vision and principles that are as relevant today as they were when they were written over 80 years ago.
The John Lewis Partnership operates 49 John Lewis shops across the UK, (35 department stores, 12 John Lewis at home and shops at St Pancras International and Heathrow Terminal 2) as well as johnlewis.com, 353 Waitrose shops, waitrose.com and business to business contracts in the UK and abroad.
Opening in 1995, John Lewis Cheadle was a somewhat unknown in the region, and was the first shop in the Partnership to be supported by an extensive advertising campaign, featuring Partners from the branch.
John Lewis stocks around 350,000 separate lines in its department stores and johnlewis.com across fashion, home and technology.
Trading over three floors, John Lewis Cheadle also offers an array of services – Personal Styling, Lingerie Advisory, Nursery Advisory, Home Design, Fitted Kitchen, Beauty Retreat spa, Bureau de Change, John Lewis Opticians, Place to Eat restaurant, Benugo cafe bar