Stockport law firm, SAS Daniels have outlined in a short video the different considerations employers should make before asking staff to return to the workplace. The video has been prepared following Boris Johnson’s announcement that workplaces can reopen where staff have been unable to work from home, such as manufacturing and construction.
Katie Hodson, Employment Law and HR Associate at the firm, outlines 5 key areas employers should consider when discussing how to return to the workplace:
- Health and safety, including how to ensure social distancing and good hygiene practices
- Are staff able to continue working from home?
- Whether any employees, or members of their household, are at greater risk, for example, because they have a condition such as asthma or diabetes
- With public transport running reduced timetables, can staff commute safely?
- How to handle staff who may have personal concerns or anxiety around coronavirus
Further information concerning some of these considerations for businesses looking to return to work is available on SAS Daniels’ website.