Cheadle Hulme based housing association, Equity Housing, has merged with North-West focused Great Places Housing Group from 1st April.
As of 1 April 2020 Equity Housing Group will cease to exist, with all of its assets transferring to Great Places under a Transfer of Engagement (ToE). Equity is now in the process of bringing its branding in line with Great Places’.
By bringing together two like-minded companies it will enable greater capacity to build much needed affordable homes, whilst also strengthening and potentially expanding the range of services they are able to offer to customers. Throughout the partnership process there has always been a number of key objectives that the new organisation will set out to achieve, these are:
- Improved breadth and quality of services for customers
- Develop more much-needed homes
- Invest in communities
- Increase digital opportunities
Existing tenants of Equity Housing will see their tenancy transfer to Great Places and suppliers and customers should have already been notified of changes to payment and invoice details.
Who are Great Places?
Great Places Housing Group mission is to improve the lives of the people living in their 19,000 homes across the North West and Yorkshire. Great Places provides a wide-range of services and promotes partnership working to create vibrant, sustainable communities.
One of the fastest growing housing associations in the north of England, Great Places’ growth is underpinned by a values-driven profit-for-purpose business model.
The Group, which is supported by approximately 600 colleagues across four regions, encompasses:
- Great Places Housing Association – providing general needs rented homes and tenancy services as well as accommodation and services that promote independence and wellbeing.
- Plumlife – an award-winning affordable home ownership company. Plumlife helps people to fulfil their home ownership dreams through Help to Buy schemes such as Shared Ownership as well as outright sale.
- Cube – developing quality new homes for market sale and private rent.