School children and students have broken up for the half-term break so finding out What’s On is Stockport is a must for everyone, with lots of exciting events taking place over the coming weeks for all the family.
Here’s a taste of what’s happening across our town over the next couple of weeks:
– Half term fun at the Hat Works (29th – 31st May): come and try your hand at felt making, decoupage and printing.
– Half-term crafty makes at Stockport Museum (29th May): pick up one of our craft bags and find everything you need to make something that is linked to our exhibitions.
– Join in with the Greater Manchester Walking Festival (29th and 31st May): as the 2018 Walking Festival continues to join in with events in Marple and Etherow Country park and along the Middlewood Way.
– Stories Old and New at Bramall Hall (31st May): hear some familiar, and some not so familiar stories, and help us to find the Red Dragon of Bramall Hall. Suitable for ages 3 – 6.
– Stockport Treasure Trail launch (8th and 9th June): Treasure Trails are launching a new Treasure Trail for Stockport. Come and get your booklet from Stockport Market Place as the gentle walk around our historic town centre, where you follow clues to crack the Trail code is launched.
– Stockport’s Dinosaur Takeover Day (Saturday 9th June): packed full of fun and entertainment for all the family, come and enjoy a day of dinosaur fun. With a Dinosaur Park compete with Jurassic jeep, T-Rex, Velociraptor and Dino baby walkabouts as well as children’s presenter Andy Day on stage with an exciting show it will be a great day for all.
If you’re looking to get outside and enjoy the Great British summer, Stockport has many great parks for you to enjoy. Find out more about these at www.stockport.gov.uk/parks
To find out more information about these and other events taking place in Stockport visit www.stockport.gov.uk/events
Full details about the Treasure Trail launch and Stockport’s Dinosaur Takeover Day can be found at www.totallystockport.co.uk