Transport for Greater Manchester offer a free, expert support service including a TfGM £10,000 sustainable travel grant for businesses in Stockport.
TfGM supports economic growth by helping businesses take advantage of sustainable travel options, such as public transport, cycling, walking and car sharing.
Adopting sustainable travel can help businesses in Stockport:
- Save money – spend less on parking and business travel.
- Become an employer of choice and retain staff.
- Encourage employees to adopt healthier lifestyles, improving productivity and sickness levels.
- Increase their resilience to changes on the town centre’s transport infrastructure as improvements take place.
A range of free services are available, including:
- Access to £10,000 sustainable travel grants. This can be used for capital or revenue schemes, such as to help build bike storage facilities so staff can cycle to work, put in an electric vehicle charging point or run an event to promote sustainable travel to staff.
- Bike loan scheme, including electric bikes.
- Cycle training.
- Access to car share website.
- Invitations to regular workshops.
- Monthly newsletter.
- Larger businesses and those with specific needs, i.e. relocating, may also receive one-to-one advice from a member of the team, personal travel plans for staff and public transport ticket offers.
See how Stockport Homes have benefitted from TfGM’s support and advice for their employees – watch the video below:
More than 600 companies of all sizes are already signed-up for support, creating a network of forward-thinking organisations across Greater Manchester. These include intu Trafford Centre, the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University and Cheadle Heath-based Thales.
Click here to sign up to the network and help your company and employees travel more sustainably.
TfGM Business Travel Adviser and fellow Marketing Stockport member Faye Drinkwater, who covers the Stockport area, is happy to help local businesses create a sustainable travel plan and advise on the grants available. Call Faye on 0161 244 1461, or email her at Faye.Drinkwater@tfgm.com to discuss how TfGM can help your business.