Stockport Council is encouraging residents to register to vote and to use not lose their vote in next month’s General Election.
With just over three weeks to go until the General Election on June 8th, residents are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote. This is how you can register:
• Take 3 minutes and register online at www.gov.uk/registertovote, or
• For all other changes (to tell us somebody has moved out, change a spelling, request a paper registration form or to change the way you vote e.g. postal vote), residents can make their request quickly using the online forms at www.stockport.gov.uk/registertovote
Laureen Donnan, Stockport Council’s Electoral Registration Officer, said:
“With the forthcoming Elections there’s no better time to raise awareness and make sure that you, and the people you know, are on the electoral register. Being on the register gives you the opportunity to vote and have your say.”
Important dates and information:
• Deadline for registering to vote for the General Election – 22nd May.
• Closing date for making a postal vote application – 23rd May
• The General Election will take place on Thursday 8th June.
• Polling stations open on Thursday 8th June from 7am – 10 pm.
• Find out where your polling station is visit www.stockport.gov.uk/find-your-polling-station
For more information, visit www.stockport.gov.uk/elections