‘My Account’ is a 24/7 easy service that provides Stockport residents access to personalised information about Council services from anywhere they can get online.
Considering Stockport Council only launched their new website and online services, in February, it is quite remarkable that so many Stockport residents are benefiting and utilising it’s ‘My Account’ services.
Using ‘My Account’, Stockport residents are able to:
- Check the bin rota for the coming week
- Download Council Tax bill and preview payment schedules
- Download individual benefits information and view the next payment deadline
- Quickly access data about faulty street lights and blocked grids
- Review information personally reported
- Track appointments for the Registry office, replacement bin deliveries, taxi driver help and advice information.
Councillor David Sedgwick, Executive Member for Reform and Governance at Stockport Council said:
“We have created My Account to give our residents personalised access to their Council services. We know that most people already use the internet in many aspects of their daily lives and we want them to feel confident using the Council’s online services too. My Account will connect them directly with the information that is most relevant to them. It’s great to see that so many Stockport residents have already signed up and I encourage all residents to give it a go.”
Over the following months, more services and information are set to be released to Stockport residents enabling them to maximise the website’s usage and benefit further from the system.
The service is available on mobile phone, tablet or computer and with it’s attention and commitment to security, it is as safe and secure as checking your bank balance online.
To sign up for My Account go to: www.stockport.gov.uk/myaccount
For a demonstration of what Stockport residents are raving about visit ‘What is ‘My Account’ video’ here: https://play.buto.tv/QFhSR