Free tendering workshops are taking place on 20th June at the Stockport Meet the Buyer 2017 event in the town hall.
Tendering for contracts and business can be a confusing and complex process. Stockport Council is committed to working with the local business community. In partnership with STAR Procurement, the Stockport Meet the Buyer event is hosting two workshops for all local companies to equip them with tips and guidance on how they can become bid-ready:
1) Using ‘The Chest’ & Tendering with STAR Councils – find out about:
• Registering on The Chest & receiving alerts for new opportunities
• Using the Chest during the tender process
• Top tips for tendering
• STAR Council Request for Quotation & Invitations to Tender – distinctions
2) Social Value in the Tendering & Contract Process– find out about:
• The Greater Manchester Combined Authority Social Value Policy
• Stockport, Trafford and Rochdale Councils’ individual social value priorities
• Responding to social value questions in the tender process
• Positioning social value offer with STAR Council requirements
• Delivering Social Value during the Contract phase
The 45 minute workshops will take place at the Town Hall and will be repeated throughout the day. The workshops are open to all businesses regardless of whether they have an appointment at Meet the Buyer.
For further information on the timings for the workshops visit www.meetthebuyer.org.uk. To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the workshop title and time you would like to attend.
At the event, there will also be ample opportunity for businesses to network and visit exhibitions and displays from business support organisations such as Greater Manchester Business Growth Hub, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Small Business.