Stockport lender Together has been named as one of the UK’s Best 100 Companies to Work For in the prestigious Sunday Times list, for the second year running.
Having entered for the first time in 2018, Together ranked 52nd this year – and are one of the few financial services businesses based in the North West to make it onto the list.
The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for survey, now in its 19th year, gathers data from UK companies with more than 250 employees across all sectors. Analysts take into account the views of employees and look at categories including leadership, wellbeing, giving something back, personal growth and getting a fair deal.
Together chairman, Mike McTighe, said:
“I’m very pleased to announce that for the second year running we have been recognised as one of the UK’s best companies to work for. Since Together was founded in 1974, our unique and family-like culture has been at the very core of our business. This culture is embodied in everything we do at Together, and in every single one of our colleagues starting from our chief executive, so it’s thanks to all of them that we are where we are today.”
HR director, Kevin Fisher, said:
“This is a great achievement and one we are all extremely proud of. Taking part in the Best Companies survey is just one part of our commitment to giving colleagues a voice – through our listening strategy we strive to make sure every colleague feels part of Together.
“We’re a fast-paced and rapidly growing business and are keen to encourage our colleagues to play their part in the bigger picture, whether that’s taking part in our inclusivity initiative or giving something back with our strong CSR programme. Each and every Together colleague should be as proud of this award as I am of their commitment to our business – after all, they made this achievement possible.”
The Stockport lender has gone through significant growth in the last few years and employs over 750 at their Cheadle Royal offices.
Last month they announced record lending with the news that their current loan book stands at more than £3.25bn.
About The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for in the mid-size category (250-3000 employees)
Category key – how the companies are judged:
- Leadership: How employees feel about the head of the company and its senior managers
- Wellbeing: How staff feel about the stress, pressure and the balance between their work and home duties
- Giving something back: How much companies are thought by their staff to put back into society generally and the local community
- Personal growth: To what extent staff feel they are stretched and challenged by their job
- My manager: How staff feel towards their immediate boss and day-to-day managers
- My company: Feelings about the company people work for as opposed to the people they work with
- My team: How staff feel about their immediate colleagues
- Fair deal: How happy the workforce is with their pay and benefits