Stockport Jobs Match, working in partnership with Stockport Council, Job Centre Plus, the Growth Company and Stockport Homes are hosting a free Kickstart event on Thursday 20th May 2-3.30pm with an expert panel to advise employers and potential Kickstarters about the Government backed scheme.
The webinar will give attendees a chance to learn more about the Kickstart scheme including latest updates and benefits of joining the scheme; how to apply directly and what is required; how to apply via the Stockport Growth Company Gateway and the benefits of doing so. Stockport Homes will explain how the Kickstart scheme has worked in practice; support will also be available to support businesses with new job creation / skills development including Apprenticeships, Traineeships & Jobs Match.
The Kickstart Scheme is a 6 month paid job with a local employer, funded by the Government. It provides a fully funded opportunity for young people to gain experience of working in some of Britain’s most exciting companies.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of current labour market statistics and the importance of Kickstart in tackling youth unemployment (Richard Mortimer, SMBC)
- An introduction to the Kickstart Scheme – key details on what it is and how it works (Karen Mee, JCP)
- How to apply for a Kickstart Placement directly (Ian Odgen, JCP)
- SMBC partnership with GC as a Gateway Provider (Nick Hill, SMBC)
- Benefits of using GC as a Gateway Provider (Fern Goddard, GC – with case study from Westpoint)
- Kickstart in practice and career development opportunities (Amanda Ward, Stockport Homes Group)
- Q&A to panel – there will be plenty of opportunity for questions.
Please register for free at Eventbrite – you will then receive a link to join the Kickstart webinar
Find out more about the Kickstart programme – https://stockport-jobsmatch.co.uk/kickstart-scheme-stockport