Following National Apprenticeship Week, Stockport Council are organising an Employing Apprentices meeting to help businesses understand more about Apprenticeships.
The event will take place on Thursday 21st March 2019 at The Apprenticeship Store; 4-6, Grand Central, Stockport, SK1 3TA
Apprenticeships have moved on from what they used to be and are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer. Stockport Council aims to promote and raise the profile of Apprenticeships as a productive and effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
The Employing Apprentices meeting will address:
• How can taking on an apprentice benefit your business?
• How do apprenticeships benefit your workforce?
• What does it mean to a young person to be offered an apprenticeship?
• Where do you find an apprentice? What support is available to you?
• How can you upskill your existing staff through apprenticeships?
• Where do you find an appropriate training provider and course to fulfil your business needs?
Stockport Council will open the morning’s agenda and will highlight services available to businesses at our Apprenticeship Store – the country’s only independent apprenticeships hub.
They will also be launching a new £3,000 GM Apprenticeship Grant for eligible employers, which can be facilitated through Stockport Council.
Guest speakers from businesses, training providers and our own Apprentices will also be taking part.
Attendance, contribution and feedback at the event will inform future business support for Apprenticeships in the future.
There is no charge in attending this meeting. However these events are proving popular and so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
If you would like further information or would like to attend please reserve your place by emailing Daniel Clarke
Tel: 0161 474 3796 / Mob: 07976756160