Stockport Continuing Education Service is offering new, short courses starting in April, May and June in a wide range of topics.
The following courses will give you valuable insight into subjects you may have wanted to take up but have not had the time to.
- Bookkeeping Made Simple: starts Tuesday 25th April for 4 weeks;
- Easy Web Design: starts Tuesday 16th May for 4 weeks;
- Discover Photoshop: starts Tuesday 18th April for 4 weeks;
- Social Media: starts 20th June for 5 weeks;
- Food Hygiene Level 2: 1 day courses on 20th and 25th April, 18th May, 15th June, 20th July;
- Dressmaking for Beginners: starts Tuesday May 9th for 10 weeks;
- Adventures in Sketching (Nature in Bloom): starts Monday June 5th for 5 weeks.
The following are longer courses and are designed to help you explore career opportunities in the Children’s workforce:
- Foundation Programme introduction to working in the Children’s Workforce: starts Wednesday 19th April for 9 weeks
- Bilingual Teaching Assistants: starts Wednesday 19th April for 7 weeks
- Setting up a Home-based Childminding Service: Information evening Wednesday 19th April
- Evening course: starts Tuesday 25th April for 10 weeks
- Morning course: starts Monday 8th May for 12 weeks
Councillor Dean Fitzpatrick, Stockport Council’s Executive Member for Education, said:
“The Stockport Continuing Education Service offers great courses where learners benefit from their multi-cultural learning community that supports wellbeing, personal growth and access to a variety of activities. I’d encourage residents to take a look at the available courses and to take up the opportunity of gaining a new skill, confidence and knowledge.”
For more information on these courses, please ring 0161 474 3875 or 0161 474 5801.