Listen to this article here
On Tuesday 15th February, Stockport businesses wanting to take action to reduce their carbon footprint will come together at the first meeting of the Climate Action Business Forum, which was announced at the CAN summit.
Attendees will hear from Man Energy Solutions Ltd about carbon action as a large business, Smith Goodfellow about how to put together an Impact Assessment as an SME (small to medium-sized enterprise), get an update from the Head of Climate Action Now at Stockport Council, learn about the low carbon Pioneer 10 competition, and network with other like-minded businesses who want to be more sustainable.
The event will form the first of a series, aiming to support Stockport based businesses on their journey to achieving net zero. It will aim to take businesses beyond the initial stage of understanding climate change and move towards actively addressing and implementing change within their organisations.
The forum is open to all businesses and sectors, creating an opportunity for those that are interested in making a difference to share best practice and access support from organisations such as the Carbon Literacy Project and the Business Growth Hub which is offering funded Journey to Net Zero training.
On the 15th February the meeting will be chaired by Sam Vesey, Head of Sustainability at musicMagpie.
The meeting will be held at the Cornerstone building in Stockport and refreshments will be provided. The meeting will be set up as Hybrid so that attendees can also choose to join remotely.
To book a place on the Climate Action Business Forum, visit the event’s Eventbrite page.
Climate Action Business Forum
Date: February 15th 2022
Time: 8am networking, 8:30 – 10am forum meeting
Venue: Cornerstone, 2 Edward St, Stockport SK1 3NQ / Online
Agenda 15th February:
- 8 am – networking and refreshments
- 8:30 am – Introduction by Chair – Sam Vesey, Head of Sustainability, musicMagpie
- 8:35 am – GMCA and Stockport Council carbon action update – Nick Leslie, Head of CAN, Stockport Council
- 8:45 am – Carbon Action as a large business – Wayne Jones, Man Energy Solutions Ltd
- 9:05 am – Creating an Impact Assessment report as an SME – Jen Heil, Smith Goodfellow
- 9:20 am – Launch of the low carbon ‘Pioneer 10’ competition
- 9:30 am – Journey to Net Zero training offer – Business Growth Hub
- 9:35 am – Discussion
- 10 am – Close