Stockport based apprenticeship and training provider, Damar Training, have reported that businesses in Stockport are showing a healthy demand to expand and develop their workforces through hiring apprentices.
Damar Training offer a recruitment service to businesses looking to take on an apprentice, and presently is seeing the most demand for companies looking to take staff on through Business Support and Accounts apprenticeships.
Current companies in Stockport and the surrounding area looking to recruit an apprentice include:
- The Kingsway School, Cheadle – Business Administration Apprentice
- Montrose Properties, Didsbury – Business Administration Apprentice
- Manchester Colour Company Stockport – Business Administration Apprentice
- Offizone, Stockport – Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Healthconex Ltd, Wilmslow – Business Administration Apprentice
- Chess Telecom, Wilmslow – Account Assistant Apprentice
- DSG Auto Contracts Ltd, Stockport – Account Assistant Apprentice
In Stockport, while there is appetite from businesses to take on trainee-level staff, Damar report that demand for apprentices is outstripping candidate availability. However that is likely to change as many young people begin to think about next steps when they finish school or college in the coming months. Opportunities are also available to older workers for whom apprenticeships can offer an opportunity for a career change, as well as being a genuine alternative to graduate entry for those entering the workforce.