There’s just one week to go before businesses take to the saddle and Spin for Smart Works, the charity who support women back into work.
Smart Works Manchester needs your support with this challenge… Help us beat last years team count of 10!
We’re challenging you to sign up for Spin for Smart Works 2018. This is pedalling with a purpose, celebrating and empowering women, whilst enjoying competitive fun with great prizes to be won.
Spin for Smart Works 2018 starts on Friday 2 March ( a week today) and ends on International Women’s Day on Thursday 8 March. Teams of 5 are set a 500 mile target and can choose how they want to complete their cycling miles on a road bike, gym bike or spin class. If 500 miles isn’t enough, don’t stop. Because whoever cycles the furthest will be crowned the winner of Spin for Smart Works 2018.
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes, styling advice and interview training to women in need.
We give women the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools they require to succeed at interview and start a new chapter of their life.
At the core of our service is a dressing and interview appointment at one of our Smart Works centres. During her visit, each woman receives a high-quality interview outfit (theirs to keep) tailored to their taste and style by our Smart Works’ stylists. This is followed by dedicated one-to-one interview training with an experienced recruitment, HR or coaching professional.
This short intervention has a significant impact as our clients start believing in their own ability to succeed.
Spin for Smart Works is a weeklong cycling challenge.
Teams of 5 are set a 500 mile target, the distance between all Smart Works centres across the UK, and choose how they want to complete their cycling miles – on a road bike, gym bike or spin class. If 500 miles isn’t enough, don’t stop. Because whoever cycles the furthest will be crowned winner of Spin for Smart Works 2018.
- Find 5 team mates and nominate a team captain
- Visit our sign up page, pay the small sign up fee (£7 per person to cover costs) and enter team details
- To sign up you will need your team name, team mates names, gender, date of birth, email address and T shirt sizes (the two size options are M or XL). Each cyclist will receive a free and exclusive Betty Jackson X Smart Works T shirt once they are registered
- Once you are signed you will need to set up your Just Giving page and link to the Spin for Smart Works Just Giving page(instructions on how to do this will be sent on sign up)
- Get sponsored and post on social media #RideInStyle #SpinForSmartWorks #PedalForAPurpose
- On Friday 2 March start racing. You have a week to do at least 500 miles. The team that cycles the furthest will be crowned winner
Every cyclist taking part will receive their exclusive T shirt.
Non-cyclists can buy a T shirt here.
Last year 65 teams raised nearly £50,000, which had a huge impact on what we were able to accomplish in 2017. Smart Works now helps 3000 unemployed women each year with the clothing and the confidence to succeed at their interview and move on with their lives.
With your help, we will be able to do more to support vulnerable women at a crucial moment in their lives.
For more information about the challenge contact 0161 974 0669 or email: email@example.com