As part of the ongoing A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road development, roadworks at Stanley Green in Cheadle are set to begin from 29th August.
Stanley Road will operate as one-way (westbound) from the A34 roundabout to immediately east of the Earl Road junction for 6 weeks.
The diversion route will be via Stanley Road, Wilmslow Road, A555 and the A34.
During the one-way operation of Stanley Road:
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Stanley Road from west of the Earl Road junction;
- The Earl Road/ Stanley Road junction will be open throughout the 6 weeks. It will be possible for vehicles to turn both left and right into Earl Road from Stanley Road, however, vehicles exiting Earl Road will be able to turn left only;
- A pedestrian route will be maintained through the one-way section of Stanley Road from the A34 to Earl Road;
- Cyclist wishing to travel eastbound through the one-way section of Stanley Road will need to dismount and use the pedestrian route. Cyclists travelling westbound on this section of Stanley Road will be able to do so on carriageway;
- Access to residential properties located within the one-way section of Stanley Road will be maintained at all times.
The Handforth Dean Retail Park access located under the A34 underpass, which is currently an entrance only, will be opened to two-way traffic to provide an additional point of exit onto the A34 during the works. The location of this temporary exit is shown on the diversion route plan.
The works will see improvements to the A34/ Stanley Road junction to accommodate more traffic and introduce traffic light control at the junction.
Visit the SEMMMS website for more information.