The Northern Tech Awards, celebrating the fastest growing and most promising tech companies in the North West, is open for entries.
The Northern Tech Awards have been running since 2011 and are part of the events portfolio of GP Bullhound, the leading international technology investment bank.
Once a year the Northern Tech Awards shines a light upon the leading technology businesses headquartered in the North of England and Scotland. GP Bullhound will find, recognise and celebrate the region’s biggest tech success stories by compiling the Northern Tech Awards 100 League Table, which ranks the fastest growing Technology Companies in the North of England and Scotland.
The Awards provide a unique way of celebrating the innovative technologies and businesses developed in the region and recognise those who have contributed to their success.
- 2014: Manchester, a leading hub in the internet sector and home to a large number of successful technology companies.
- 2015: Leeds, home to the University of Leeds Digital Technologies Hub and the Leeds Innovation Centre.
- 2016: Liverpool, a city recognised as one of the UK’s leading business destinations, where blue-chips, start-ups, entrepreneurs and emerging talent are attracted by investment opportunities.
- 2017: Newcastle Upon Tyne, which has one of the strongest tech communities in the UK.
- 2018: Edinburgh, one of Europe’s tech hotspots and home to Skyscanner and FanDuel
The 2019 Northern Tech Awards will be held in Manchester, back where it all started, on the 28th March at the Albert Hall, Manchester.
From the Fastest Growing Technology Companies, the Judges select eight companies worthy of special Judges’ Awards. The Judges will also select a winner from the Region’s early stage companies ‘Northern Stars’.
The winners get an opportunity to network with their peers as well as present to and meet with the Judges, some of whom have built and successfully sold their own technology firms.
The Northern Tech Awards are supported and sponsored this year by Aquiline Partners, Barclays Bank, ECI Partners, Mobica, Pareto Law, OBI Property, Squire Patton Boggs, Berenberg, Frazer John Recruitment, Inflexion, London Stock Exchange.