Groundwork Greater Manchester, in partnership with The Prince’s Trust, will be hosting a number of employment training programmes for young people in Stockport interested in a career in construction or customer facing roles.
Programmes will take place throughout 2021/22, supported by Sustainable Futures Funding from The Prince’s Trust.
Groundwork are very keen to engage with employers in construction and customer service based companies local to Stockport who can support training. Support could be through employers considering course graduates for roles, through work placements or providing industry insight conversations.
The customer facing programme is a two-week tailored programme, in which time participants will gain:
- L1 Health and Safety at Work
- L1 Customer Service
- Carbon Literacy training
- Skills for securing, starting and sustaining employment; Team work and communication skills
- Employer presentations, Q&A sessions and work placements
Start dates for this course are:
The construction programme is a 6 week tailored programme, in which time participants will gain:
- L1 Health and Safety in Construction
- CSCS practise and test;
- Carbon Literacy
- Skills for securing, starting and sustaining employment
- Construction Sector Industry Insight; site visits and work placement
Start dates for this programme are:
Stockport businesses in the construction or customer services sectors interested in supporting the training can contact Project Lead Stephanie Hevingham at Groundwork.