There are plenty of magical Christmas events in Stockport so don’t miss out on fabulous events across the borough in the run up to the big day.
Make the most of the long nights and festive spirit by getting the whole family together at these upcoming events:
• Reindeer Christmas at Staircase House, 30/31 Market Place, Stockport, SK1 1ES 1st – 31st December, 10am to 5pm, trail is free (£1 activity craft bag) Can you find them on this reindeer trail around the Museum? Pick up one of our craft bags and find everything you need to make something linked to reindeer.
• Aladdin at The Plaza, Mersey Square, Stockport, SK1 1SP 1st December – 18th January, 7:30pm, for tickets visit the Stockport Plaza website Take a magical carpet ride to the North West’s home of sensational pantomime entertainment for Aladdin starring Ted Robbins, as Widow Twanky, and Brian Capron, star of Coronation Street.
• St George’s Church Christmas Tree Festival, 28 Buxton Road, Stockport, SK2 6NU Saturday 2nd December, 10am to 6pm, Adult £2 – children under 16 free The event will feature around 70 decorated and illuminated trees representing themes chosen by their sponsors. Father Christmas will be there on Saturday from 10am to 12pm, and then again from 1:30pm to 4pm.
• Merseyway Winter Snow Garden, Merseyway Shopping Centre, SK1 1PD Complete with glistening Christmas trees, Merseyway’s Snow Garden will be located outside Specsavers from Monday 4th December to Saturday 23rd December. Open 11am to 4pm from Monday to Saturday and 11am to 3pm on Sundays. It’s free to attend.
• Christmas Makers Market, Market Place, Stockport, SK1 1ES Saturday 9th December, 10am – 6pm Step back in time to Christmas days gone by as you wander through the old Market Place. Browse the Vintage Village, gather up some gorgeous gifts at the Victorian Christmas Market and the Makers Christmas Market where roasting chestnuts on an open fire are set to tickle your Christmas taste buds.
• Vintage Village Christmas Special, Market Place, Stockport, SK1 1ES
Sunday 10th December, 10am – 4pm Pick up some vintage Christmas delights at the Vintage Village Christmas special. Quality authentic vintage clothing and accessories – vintage jewellery, curios and collectables, and unexpected delights you never knew you wanted!
Make sure to take up the free parking offer in the town centre and district centres.
Councillor Kate Butler, Stockport Council’s Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration, said:
“This is the best and biggest Christmas in Stockport ever. There’s a lot happening across the borough in the run up to Christmas to get the whole family into the festive spirit. Keep an eye out on the Council’s events webpage, as events are added on a daily basis.”
For events across the whole borough visit www.stockport.gov.uk/events
For more information about Christmas in the town centre visit www.stockportchristmas.co.uk