Following the success of the #MadeInStockport badge, Stockport creative Dylan Moore, of Aqua Design Group, has proposed the cross-industry Made in Stockport Awards to promote the town’s makers and producers.
The awards would aim to celebrate businesses in the borough and wider SK postcode area across craft, manufacturing, food and drink and other other creative industries.
Aqua Design Group have proposed the idea for the free-to-enter awards with public online voting, and online awards ceremony while coronavirus restrictions remain in place. For the awards to take place, however, a call is now being put out for any businesses who can support the campaign either through sponsorship of the event, for both individual categories and a main sponsor, as well as with producing a capable website to accept online entries and voting.
Proposed categories for the awards include:
- Business of the year – open to creatives across industries.
- Small business of the year – creative small businesses wanting to showcase what they do.
- Concept of the year – an innovation in architecture, engineering, design, homeware etc.
- Food producer of the year – for food producers based in the town.
- Drink producer of the year – for drink producers based in the town.
- Crafter of the year – for crafters of all types that want to shout about what they do.
- Business to look out for – might be a start-up or existing business that is doing something new.
- Capturing Stockport – open to artists that have photographed, painted or designer that has captured the town through their artwork.
- Independent shop front – are you proud of what you’ve done with your shop front? Has it improved the area or inspired other businesses to do the same?
Dylan Moore, owner of Aqua Design Group commented:
I’m thrilled that my #MadeInStockport badge has been met with such a warn reception in my home town and really want to use this annual award to showcase the independent, creative and smaller businesses often overlooked in other awards.”
To register an interest in involvement with the awards in any way, please contact Aqua Design Group’s Dylan Moore.