The Light Cinemas have confirmed they will be reopening their cinemas on Friday 21st August, including at Stockport’s Redrock.
After being forced to close in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, Light Cinemas’ staff have been working to ensure a great experience can continue to be delivered on reopening. A number of measures have been introduced to ensure guests and the group’s frontline team members stay safe. These include:
- encouraging guests to book online and accepting cashless payments only
- amended auditoria layouts to ensure space between groups, allowing friends and family to sit together while maintaining a safe distance from others
- regular cleaning of high frequency points and sanitisers in key guest locations
- installing protective screens at till points and wearing face coverings or visors
- managed traffic flows to minimise the level of contact
- providing the option to order concessions, food and drink with your booking
- revised collection points for ordering and offering food delivery to seats
All cinemas will have clear signage providing guidance to guests and team members will all be completing extra training on the new health and safety measures and will be available to answer questions and provide support to guests where needed.
The Light will welcome guests back with new releases scheduled in August including Christopher Nolan’s Tenet on the 26th. The group is also planning a programme of special screenings, offering a wide range of family favourites and another chance to see some classic titles including the re-release of the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on its 40th Anniversary, 10th anniversary showings of Inception, plus Trolls World Tour.
As well as a great film line-up The Light Cinema in Stockport will also be offering their usual range of freshly made pizzas, burgers and sides all of which will delivered straight to the guests’ seat. They will also be serving all the usual cinema favourites like popcorn, Ice Blast and pre-bagged Pick and Mix.
James Morris, CEO of The Light Cinemas commented:
We are delighted to be reopening and have been busy preparing our cinemas to give our guests the reassurance they need to be able to relax and enjoy the big screen experience again in a clean and safe environment.
“We know how much guests have been missing the cinema and we’re excited about the scheduled line up which includes the highly anticipated Christopher Nolan blockbuster, Tenet in August as well as Wonder Woman 1984, No Time to Die among others.
I want to thank everyone for their patience and support, and we look forward to welcoming guests back and to ensuring that they Experience the best in Cinema.”
Tickets will go on sale from Wednesday 12th August and further updates will be available through The Light’s website for all of its 10 cinemas nationwide.