Marketing Stockport and Life Leisure have teamed up to launch ‘actilife’, the new Stockport Health Challenge to get local Stockport employees and businesses fitter and healthier.
The Stockport Workplace Health Challenge was launched this week at Together, Cheadle Royal, hosts of Marketing Stockport’s February member event. The workplace is an important environment for health promotion with the infrastructure to support positive mental and physical wellbeing to a far reaching audience.
Who can become Stockport’s most active workplace?
Kicking off in March, the workplace health challenge will run from April to September and is open to organisations of any size.
It’s easy to take part
- Organisations can sign up as a team to the actilife platform. Employees can connect to the a personal activity programme to their platform such as Fitbit, Garmin, Polar, Tom Tom and many more
- Over 6 months, actilife will create a range of fun online challenges to motivate organisations to become the most active workplace in Stockport. Prizes will be awarded throughout the challenge
- No device? No problem – download the free app called Moves for free on your mobile and connect to actilife
OR purchase a Garmin Vivoki form Life Leisure for £38
- Each organisation pays an entry fee based on the size of their organisation, contributing to the prizes and to charities chosen by Life Leisure and Marketing Stockport
Everyone’s a winner
Did you know? A 1% increase in effectiveness of workplace health = £6,800 saving/ year
The more companies that join the greater the impact we can all have on Workplace wellbeing!
Who doesn’t want a workforce with enhanced self-esteem, improved morale, less stress, improved health and a safe and healthy work environment?!
Cost to join in actilife’s Stockport Workplace Health Challenge based :
Sole trader: £20
upto 10 employees: £79
upto 50 employees: £299
upto 100 employees: £499
upto 250 employees: £649
250+ employees: £ negotiable
The more people join, the healthier and fitter the workplace, the bigger the prize fund, the more money goes to charity!!
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org & providing us with the following information:
- Organisation (Team) name – combined name for companies who join forces
- No. of employees
- Main Organisation/Team Contact
Activation will commence in March with the challenges commencing from April through to September.
The World Health Organisation highlights that the significant benefits of the health promotion within the workplace not only applies to the employee but also to the organisation in where they work, where improved health and wellbeing can have a major impact on reducing absenteeism, increasing productivity and workforce cohesion.