There’s a day of great family fun planned across Stockport this Saturday when the Totally Stockport Festival Big Day Out comes to town.
Organised by Stockport’s Business Improvement District, Totally Stockport, new events such as the Totally Stockport Festival BIG Day Out are attracting new visitors into the town centre.
From Mr Bloom and superheroes to the Greatest Showman show, a roller rink and climbing wall, the fabulous Makers Market and Heritage Open Day, there will be something for everyone to enjoy, no matter what your age!
• Superhero and Princesses Takeover– Batman, Elsa and Anna will be just some of the superheroes, princesses and villains coming to spend the day in Stockport town centre. Kids can come dressed as their favourite character and grab the perfect selfie.
• Mr Bloom at Stockport Plaza 10am– Mr Bloom and his Veggies are coming back to The Plaza with his popular show. With tickets available for only £2 make sure you grab yours in advance at https://www.stockportplaza.co.uk
• Frozen show and princess parade– join Anna and Elsa for a princess show packed full of all the favourite princess tunes at Mersey Square.
• Climbing wall– come and scale the climbing wall in Merseyway
• Greatest Showman Show– watch this great show live on stage in Mersey Square
• Roller rink– head to St Peter’s Square and skate away to some disco classics!
And that’s not all … head to Stockport Market Place and enjoy the September Maker’s Market where you’ll find over 70 fantastic makers, bakers and creators. But make sure you get there early so you don’t miss out!
This Saturday visit Stockport’s Heritage Open Day and Makers Market
Visit the Underbanks for a real taste of Edwardian Stockport and the Makers Market where you will find over 70 stalls packed with tempting and tasty treats, gifts galore, beautiful bags, colourful candles, artisan delights – visit the Market Place from 10am to 4pm, but hurry, every month is a sell-out!
Paul Taylor, Totally Stockport BID Manager said:
“Since April last year, we have been working to attract people back into Stockport, many of whom hadn’t visited for years. Last year’s BIG Day Out saw huge crowds re-discover their town centre; Totally Dinosaur Day in June was a monster hit as visitor numbers were 10, 000 up on the same day a year earlier.
“This Saturday, Princesses and Superheroes will take over the town centre; St Peter’s Square will host the Frozen Show and a Roller Rink; the Makers Market is back in the Market Place and Heritage Open Day takes us back to the days of an Edwardian Stockport”.
Councillor Kate Butler, Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration at Stockport Council, said:
“There are always great events taking place in Stockport and next Saturday is no exception. Make sure you put the date in your diary so that you don’t miss out on a fantastic day of fun for everyone.”
For a full list of all the events taking place visit http://www.totallystockport.co.uk/