The Institute of Directors – IOD North West – are hosting a free to attend Demystifying Skills event in partnership with the The Federation of Small Businesses, The North West Business Leadership Team and Pro-Manchester.
Presented by the experts, with business case studies, this event will give you everything you need to know about:
- Work experience
- Inspiring the next generation by speaking in schools
- Becoming a NED of an Academy School
At the end of this event, IOD North West and their partners will encourage attendees to connect with the speakers and sign up to take this relationship forward, providing clarity on how you and your business can make a real difference.
The IOD North West are kicking off this event in Manchester on 23rd November and we’ll tour it across our North West branches in the New Year. Please keep an eye on our events page for updates.
Reserve your place HERE
08.30 Registration – breakfast and refreshments
09:00 Host Sandy Lindsay, MBE, Founder and Chair at Tangerine
– Introduction and background to the Skills Charter and this event series.
09:10 Jane Evison, Key Account Manager at Total People Ltd
– The Apprenticeship Levy and how to navigate this complex new world.
09:25 Rosie Evans, Head of Work Placement Pilot Delivery at The Challenge – The importance of work experience – how to get young people into your business.
09:40 Mark Diggle, Director of Careers at Manchester Metropolitan University – Internships
09:55 Tea and coffee break
10:10 Kate Walker, Director of Education at Founders4Schools
– Role models and raising aspirations – how to speak to schools to inspire the next generation.
10:25 Anne Casey/ Scott Walker at Academy Ambassadors
– How to become a NED on an Academy School
10:40 Clare Hutchinson, Regional Lead North West at Careers & Enterprise
– What Careers and Enterprise are doing in the region and nationally, including Mentoring
10:55 Gemma Marsh from Greater Manchester Combined Authority – Andy Burnham’s Skills Agenda for Manchester
11:05 Question and Answer session with panel, chaired by Sandy Lindsay
11:55 Short summary | Claire Ebrey, Regional Director at IoD North West
12:00 Networking and refreshments
We will encourage attendees to commit to working with our speakers’ organisations
12:30 Event closes