Hallidays chairman, Nigel Bennett, was invited to join leadership and learning platform, Twelve Scholars, in a podcast, on the topic of ‘playing to your strengths’.
Monty Python once described accountants as “dull, tedious, stuffy and boring—and desperately dull” but Nigel Bennett, now Chairman and previously the Managing Director of Hallidays, is changing that perception one team member at a time.
Since joining Hallidays, Nigel has overseen the development of this traditional accountancy firm into a proactive business partner that aims to support clients to grow and achieve their ambitions.
In this podcast, Bob Buckley from Twelve Scholars speaks with the Hallidays chairman to discuss being proactive and how to play to your strengths.
Highlights from the podcast with Hallidays’ Nigel Bennett
- 01:33 Introduction
- 05:00 Changing your communication style
- 07:58 Bob’s football analogy
- 11:55 HIT classes (internal training essential)
- 18:38 Helping others with Business AM
- 23:13 Advice to younger self
- 24:25 Nigel’s recommended book to get started
- 25:19 Key lessons
- 26:34 Close