The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, is hosting a public Stockport Question Time event on 21st November at Stockport Town Hall.
Partnered with key regional media, the event aims to highlight and answer questions on local issues, submitted by members of the public.
This is an opportunity for residents to have a voice on the concerns that matter to them.
To apply for a ticket or to submit a question, please follow the below steps:
– You can attend the session and pre-ask your question when you apply for tickets via Eventbrite.
– You can join in remotely by either emailing your questions to email@example.com or through Twitter on #AskAndyGM
– You can attend the session and ask your question in person.
– You must submit your question for the event by Thursday, November 16.
– Ticket availability will end on Friday, November 17 at 11pm.
Over the course of the year, Andy Burnham holds a question time event in a local authority area in Greater Manchester in the week before every Combined Authority meeting.
The fourth event at Stockport Town Hall opens at 6.30pm. You will need to be seated by 7:20pm as it will start promptly at 7:30pm. The session will be live streamed onto the MayorofGM Facebook page.
We may run out of time to ask all questions that have been raised. If this is the case, we will try and combine similar or related questions together.
Councillor Alex Ganotis, Leader of Stockport Council, said:
“Question Time with Andy Burnham is part of his commitment to be held accountable by the public, so I’d encourage residents from Stockport and elsewhere in Greater Manchester to take part by attending the event or by sending a question. This is a great opportunity for communities to raise issues that impact their daily lives with the Mayor and to hear first-hand about what’s happening across the city region.”
For more information, please visit Eventbrite.