New legislation affecting how we store and use personal data will be applicable from 25th May and, to help Stockport Businesses understand how this impacts on business, Stockport Business Innovation Centre (SBIC) is hosting a FREE General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR workshop.
Places are limited at the free workshop, GDPR – How to be Compliant – being held on Wednesday 9th May at SBIC, 3rd floor, Broadstone Mill, Reddish and is open to all Stockport based businesses.
On the 25 May 2018, the new European General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR) comes into effect. Breach of GDPR can result in significant penalties – the ICO is able to enforce fines with an upper limit of €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover, whichever is the higher.
Running as a series of sessions in each of the Greater Manchester authorities, this fully-funded workshop will explore the legal requirements of GDPR and uncover what this means for all elements of your business.
Throughout the session you will hear examples of industry best practice, tips and solutions to help any SME navigate the new regulation and avoid the associated sanctions.
You will receive practical take-aways and advice for you to be confident that your business is fully compliant.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have an understanding of the key changes
- Know the requirements of GDPR including:
- Obtaining consent
- Data Protection Officers
- Right to be forgotten
- New definition of personal data
- Data Protection Breach Notification in 72 hours
- Secure transmission and storage of personal data
- Transferring of data to third countries or international organisations
- Know what to do in the event of a data protection breach
- Know how to identify areas of GDPR risk in your organisation
Register NOW as spaces will be limited