Following the flooding of homes and businesses in Stockport in July and August 2019, six drop-in events are being held as part of an independent review.
Stockport Council have commissioned engineering consultants, Mott MacDonald, to examine events leading up the flooding, and are hosting the drop-in events alongside the council to speak with residents and businesses affected.
Drop-in events will take place on the following dates in January and February:
- January 21 – St Ambrose Church, Clover Avenue, Adswood, SK3 8QA 6.30pm to 8pm
- January 28 – 2nd Bramhall Scout Hut, Fir Road, Bramhall, SK7 2NP, 3.30pm to 6.30pm
- February 3 – Stockport Town Hall, Room 206, SK1 3XE, 3.30pm to 7.30pm
- February 4 – Civic Hall (Norbury Room), London Road, Hazel Grove, SK7 4DF, 5.30pm to 8pm
- February 5 – Gatley Hill House (Gold Room), Church Road, Gatley, SK8 4EY, 3pm to 6.30pm
- February 10 – Underhill Community Centre, Romiley, SK6 4BL, 4pm to 8pm
Mott MacDonald’s independent review will examine how and why the flooding happened, make recommendations on future measures to mitigate future flood risk in Stockport, and examine actions taken after flooding in 2016, so are keen to hear from residents affected at the drop-in events.
For residents concerned about future flood risk in Stockport, Stockport Council have a dedicated flooding page on their website, which includes advice on protecting your home.