The parents of a baby girl who died after choking at a Stockport nursery have set up a charity in her memory.
Nine-month-old Millie Thompson died after she became ill at Ramillies Hall School and Nursery in Cheadle Hulme in October.
Parents Joanne and Dan Thompson said they had cancelled Christmas because it was “too painful to celebrate”.
Instead, they have established Millie’s Trust charity to pay for parents to have first aid lessons.
Baby Millie Thompson (pictured left)
will have a Trust established in her memory
Mrs Thompson said:
“We want to help parents, grandparents, friends –
anyone that looks after children but cannot afford
to fully fund a course.
“We believe that first aid should be an essential
part of your knowledge because one day you
might just be in a situation where you need to
help someone using first aid.”
On 23 October, the emergency services were called to the nursery following reports of a child choking on food. Millie was rushed to hospital but could not be saved.
An inquest into Millie’s death was opened and adjourned until April while investigations are carried out.
At the opening of the inquest, her family paid tribute to their “much-loved and cherished beautiful daughter”.
“Millie will always be missed and she will certainly never be forgotten,” they said.
Source: BBC News