Employers from across Stockport are invited to showcase their opportunities at an online Virtual Careers Fair & Exhibition for the borough’s young people.
Organised by Stockport Jobs Match on behalf of Stockport Council and the borough’s secondary schools and colleges, the virtual event will highlight live opportunities and career paths to young people, aged 14-19+.
The Virtual Careers Fair & Exhibition will be delivered between 11th and 15th October alongside a range of activities and resources in schools and colleges across Stockport. The week-long exhibition will help young people:
- Understand more about the careers available in our borough;
- Learn about inspirational employers they may wish to work for in the future;
- Inform their choice of subjects and courses to study;
- Find out about part-time jobs that they could do alongside their studies;
- Discover apprenticeship or trainee jobs they could apply for right now, or when they leave school or college.
If you’re a Stockport employer, college, sixth form, university, training provider or deliver support services for young people aged 14-19, this is a ideal opportunity to help local students learn about the different careers and types of study pathways available in our borough.
As a Virtual Exhibitor, you’ll be able to promote your offer through:
- Event Prospectus and Online Directory: Feature your logo, website, contact details, description, courses, jobs and open events in our digital event prospectus and online directory which will be shared with over 10,000 Stockport students and their families
- Virtual Exhibition Stand and Video Sign up for a virtual exhibition stand and record a unique event-branded video to give Year 10-13 students an insight into what you have to offer, the advantages of choosing you and where they should go to find out more
- Expert Q&A Sessions Offer your expertise at one of our interactive Zoom evening sessions (Tuesday 12th and Thursday 14th October at 8:00pm) as a guest panellist and answer key questions on careers and education pathways from students, parents and carers
Businesses can take part for free, but spaces are limited and exhibitors must reserve their place by 24th September. To find out more and get involved, contact the Stockport Jobs Match team.