Discover Stockport where exciting events for all the family, specialist markets and independent shopping are just some of the things visitors can enjoy in Stockport’s beautiful Market Place in the lead up to Christmas.
Best known for its historic Market Hall and Market, Stockport Market Place is a unique area of the town centre with something for everyone of any age to enjoy.
A programme of events will be running over the next few weeks giving visitors even more reasons to come and discover it for themselves. Highlights will include:
- Foodie Friday on 25th November, 6pm-9pm: Head down to Foodie Friday for the Market Place Christmas light switch-on. With a feast of food, drink and entertainment this is a great event for all the family.
- Christmas Family Fun Day on Saturday 26th November, 11am – 3pm: Free Christmas fun for all the family. Come and enjoy the snow globe, rodeo reindeer and a host of other stalls all with a festive feel.
- Book and Record Fair on Sunday 4th December, 10am – 4pm: Explore the range of vinyl, memorabilia, books and collectables on offer at the fascinating Book and Record Fair in Stockport Market Hall between 10am and 4pm.
- Merry Little Christmas Fair at Vintage Village on Sunday 11th December, 10am – 4pm: Celebrate Christmas whilst exploring the range of vintage clothing and accessories on offer at the popular Vintage Village.
As well as the events, Stockport Market is now also open longer on each of its Market days giving shoppers more time to come and explore the great range of stalls on offer, selling everything from beer to buttons and a unique range of vintage and collectable items. Opening hours will also extend further in the week before Christmas.
Councillor Kate Butler, Stockport Council’s Executive Member for Economy and Regeneration said: “There’s so much happening in the Market Place over the next few weeks for people of all ages to enjoy. I’d encourage everyone to discover the area for themselves this Christmas by going along to one of the events; exploring the range of shops on offer or heading down to meet with family & friends soak up the area’s fun and friendly atmosphere.”
Visitors to the Market Place and town centre can enjoy free parking in Council-owned pay and display car parks and bays on:
- Sundays 29th November and 6th/13th/20th/27th December all day.
- Saturday 19th December after 2pm.
- Weekdays between 21st – 24th December after 2pm.
- Saturday 26th December and Monday 28th December all day
Car parks where this applies include Merseyway, Knightsbridge, Newbridge Lane, Armoury Street, Churchgate, Heaton Lane, The Ritz and Hopes Carr. The offer excludes ALL private car parks including Supermarkets, the Peel Centre and Stockport Exchange.
Find out more about the events taking place and everything on offer in Stockport Market Place