Complete IT, part of Sharp, has improved its ConnectWise IT support helpdesk following its implementation of Microsoft Power BI.
The business’ helpdesk team typically closes 7000 to 8000 tickets each month, the equivalent of 240,000 pieces of data in an Excel spreadsheet, excluding any dealt with through automated systems. Complete IT used Microsoft Power BI, which integrates with the firm’s helpdesk feedback and CRM systems, to gain actionable insights from the huge volume of data available. As a result, the firm was able to understand how demand for the service varied each day, each week, and seasonally throughout the year, allowing for better management of the team and the service.
Complete IT found the following about the helpdesk:
- The helpdesk team is quieter in the summer and in December. Data showed the firm could encourage the team to take annual leave during these periods or bring in additional team members to cover busy periods.
- The beginning of the week is the busiest, with Friday being the quietest day, therefore any part-time team members could be front-loaded towards the beginning of the week and encourage them to take leave toward the end of the week.
- The beginning of the day is the busiest, with the afternoon being a lot quieter. Complete IT could therefore plan shift patterns so that more people work in the morning than in the afternoon and encourage those members of the team who want to take a half day, to do so in the afternoon.
After trying a number of tools to make sense of its business data, Complete IT found Microsoft Power BI to be the most insightful, effective and easiest to understand. The business decided to invest in the Microsoft Power BI platform for a variety of reasons:
- Power BI can pull data from various sources, including the firm’s CRM, helpdesk feedback system and Microsoft Excel
- The solution is scalable through our Microsoft 365 licensing
- The reports and dashboards you create within Power BI are visually pleasing and easy to understand – they can also be displayed on dashboards in the office.
Using Power BI has empowered the business to turn a huge amount of data into useful information to inform business decisions and improve work to support clients.