An Energy Efficiency Grant to upgrade your lighting or equipment, slash your energy bills and reduce your environmental impact can help your business to go green.
If you have a small or medium-sized business in Greater Manchester, you may be eligible for our new Energy Efficiency Grant of between £1,000 to £12,500 from GC Business Growth Hub, to help with your energy efficiency improvements.
The grants are available for a limited time on a first-come first-served basis and can go towards, for example, a new LED lighting system for your premises, heating equipment upgrades, replacement drives or motors, or another energy efficiency project that your business needs.
What you can get
- Large Scale Grant 50% contribution towards projects with a maximum capital cost of £25,000 (maximum grant of £12,500)
- Includes installation costs
- Three independent quotes are required
- On-site review carried out to help identify key opportunities
- Eligibility subject to potential carbon savings and value for money
- Small Scale Grant 50% contribution towards projects in the region of £2,000 – £2,500
- Costs must relate to equipment only – installation and sundries cannot be funded
- Only one quote required
- Eligibility subject to equipment costs meeting value for money criteria
We’d expect your project to cost in the region of between £2,000 and £25,000 (excluding VAT), for which you’d receive a grant of 50%. But if it’s much less than this don’t worry, get in touch with BGH.
Why should you apply?
In short, you’ll save money: your energy bills will come down.
If you’re in a small office with around 60 or 70 old two-foot T8 quad fittings*, you could save more than 50% on your future annual lighting costs by replacing them with efficient LED panels.
If you’ve a factory or warehouse, then replacing your 15 to 20 old 250-watt sodium lights* with more efficient 100W equivalents could knock as much as 60% off your annual lighting bills.
(*Don’t worry if these mean nothing to you – we’ll help cut through the jargon and connect you with the appropriate experts.)
Not only that, but you’ll be helping to make Greater Manchester one of the leading green cities in Europe.
And, on top of this, you’ll be able to show off your green credentials to your customers by signing our green business pledge.?
How long will it take?
Complete the short (no, really) online form below to kick off your application. We’ll come back to you within 24 working hours to confirm your eligibility and move your application forward.