SMEs based in Greater Manchester can now benefit from grants of up to £3000 to get full fibre gigabit broadband installed as part of a £2 million trial taking place in four areas around the UK.
Gigabit broadband vouchers can be used by small businesses and the local communities surrounding them to contribute to the installation cost of a gigabit capable connection. An individual business can claim up to £3,000 against the cost of connection or, working collaboratively with other local businesses, they can combine their individual £3000 funding to create a larger funding pot towards localised installation.
Residents can benefit from the scheme with a voucher worth £500 as part of a group project.
Selected suppliers will be offering the vouchers to encourage the market to extend full fibre infrastructure in the UK by increasing demand and reducing the cost to customers.
The many benefits of a full fibre gigabit broadband connection include:
- allowing businesses to upload and download massive files in a matter of seconds
- enabling widespread use of videoconferencing throughout an organisation
- providing an unprecedented level of reliability whilst greatly enhancing resilience
- future proofing – making sure that businesses have the technology in place to deal with the ever increasing demands for internet speed and connectivity.
- allowing businesses in remote communities to compete on a technologically level playing field with those companies based in major cities who may already have full fibre connectivity
For more information about the scheme and to search for broadband suppliers please visit Gigabit Broadband Voucher or call the gRowth Hub on 0161 359 3050