Transport for Greater Manchester’s Travel Choices team offers a free, expert service which supports economic growth by helping businesses take advantage of sustainable travel options, such as public transport, cycling, walking and car sharing.
Adopting sustainable travel can help businesses in Stockport:
· Save money – spend less on parking and business travel
· Become an employer of choice and retain staff
· Encourage employees to adopt healthier lifestyles, improving productivity and sickness levels
· Increase their resilience to changes on the town centre’s transport infrastructure as improvements take place.
The Travel Choices team can offer a range of free services including:
· Access to £10,000 sustainable travel grants, to help build facilities like cycle lockers
· Bike loan scheme, including electric bikes
· Cycle training and maintenance classes
· Online Carshare tool
· Regular workshops
· Monthly newsletter
· Larger businesses and those with specific needs, i.e. relocating, may also receive one-to-one advice from a member of the team, personal travel plans for staff and public transport ticket offers.
More than 600 companies of all sizes are already signed-up for support, creating a network of forward-thinking organisations across Greater Manchester. These include Kellogg’s, JD Williams and Cheadle Heath-based Thales.
Click here to sign-up to the network and help your company and employees travel more sustainably.
Alternatively, call Business Travel Advisor Fiona Appleton, who covers the Stockport area, on 0161 244 1342, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how Travel Choices can help your business.