FIG is a B2B PR and creative marketing agency, helping businesses throughout Stockport, the Northwest and beyond create and cultivate connections with customers, employees and stakeholders.
What we do
FIG is a creative B2B PR and marketing and design agency offering a full suite of services as part of a commercially considered, pragmatic marketing strategy.
Specialising in manufacturing, technical and industrial sectors, we help communicate the complex.
How we do it
We believe in fostering real partnerships with our clients and generating real results led by insight, innovation and expertise.
We start by getting to know you, which enables us to identify the most effective way to help you achieve your commercial ambitions. Whether that’s to navigate change, grow income, improve brand perception and awareness, reposition your business or prepare for a merger or acquisition.
Then we roll up our sleeves and get on with it.
Award winning B2B PR
Our team of talented and experienced PR experts deliver first class B2B public relations campaigns that attract media attention and drive impressive business results.
Our work is independently recognised by a range of industry bodies:
- Shortlisted for the CIPR Excellence awards 2022
- PR Moments Awards Finalist 2022
- Prolific North Top 50 PR Agencies 2021
- Prolific North Marketing Finalist 2021
We create powerful PR campaigns that cut through the noise and achieve tangible results. We work with businesses across a range of sectors, helping them communicate their key messages to their target audience through the most effective channels.
Our journalistic approach to media relation means we shape stories that get published, noticed and shared. We build bespoke PR strategies around each of our clients and deliver content in a fresh, creative and engaging way to help reach key stakeholders and achieve business objectives.
- PR & Media Strategy
- Press Office & Media Relations
- Content Creation and Placement
Other Marketing Services
- Creative Design
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Foundations
- Digital development
Case study: SRL Traffic Systems
In 2020, Cheshire manufacturer SRL Traffic Systems embarked on a PR campaign to help build its business and secure its second £multi-million investment by the end of the following year.
It had grown rapidly and considerably expanded its product range. It was leading the market technologically. The expertise of its team was second-to-none. Its customer service was unparalleled. It had ambition.
All these achievements had the potential to increase turnover and attract a buyer…. but only if the industry knew about them.
SRL recognised that it needed not only a strong, integrated marketing campaign to help it to achieve its goals, but one that lead with PR to get its messages across.
By the end of the 2020-21 financial year, SRL had increased its revenue by over 170% on the preceding period. In December 2021, it was bought by 3i Infrastructure plc for an impressive undisclosed sum.
So how exactly did this happen?
How did PR help SRL to affirm its status as an ambitious, industry-leading innovator and achieve – in the words of SRL’s non-executive chairman and former CEO Richard Tredwin – “transformational” growth?
Integrated marketing firm, FIG, was recruited to develop a comprehensive campaign, at the very heart of which lay PR and a robust media relations strategy.
- The initiative began with some intensive research to identify the trade magazines read by SRL’s market and the respected editors behind them. Relationships were established.
- Press releases were written in the style of the target publications, focusing on news relating to product launches, new partnership deals, capital and personnel investments and award wins.
- Case studies were created documenting the contribution made by the firms’ solutions on high-profile infrastructure projects.
- These were placed with the main magazines and included in relevant editorial features.
- Thought-leadership interviews with SRL’s corporate and product innovation team were engineered, forming the basis not only of print articles but also online podcasts.
- Industry awards were identified and compelling entries drafted.
- Speaking opportunities at major events were capitalised upon.
As part of the Smart Choice marketing campaign, the PR strategy enabled SRL to raise brand awareness and influence decision-makers.
It communicated precisely the right messages in full to the right people about the company, its products, services, technological leadership, expertise and ambitious plans.
In 2021 alone:
- Over 100 pieces of editorial coverage were achieved across 29 publications, with a total readership of well in excess of a million people.
- The company was shortlisted for a number of top awards, including EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Made in the Northwest and Highways Awards.
- Web traffic grew by 31%.
SRL is not the only manufacturer in the North West to have used PR to such transformative effect. FIG has helped many manufacturing, industrial and technology firms in the region to grow, deploying PR as part of well-considered, carefully implemented and closely monitored marketing campaigns.
Is your business ready to up its game? If so, perhaps you should give PR a thought too.